Call Today



Find here the answers to the most frequently asked questions about our office and services
Our firm gladly accepts business law and litigation cases pertaining to a wide variety of commercial matters, including, but not limited to breaches of contract, partner and shareholder disputes, non-compete and non-solicitation agreements, trademark infringement, and more.

Not necessarily. Before resorting to a trial in court, we can attempt to resolve a partner, shareholder, employee, vendor, or other dispute in informal negotiations or mediation. These issues are rarely black and white, and we will help you find a solution with the least amount of expense, time, and stress expended.

This is a good example of when real estate litigation may be necessary. Once all the paperwork has been signed and the transaction completed, there’s no backing out. If, however, it turns out that the other party acted in bad faith or breached the contract in any way, we have adequate grounds for a civil lawsuit.

Absolutely, but you must conduct the eviction process according to state law. If your tenant fails to pay their rent on time or at all, you can begin evicting them by serving them with a three-day pay or quit notice. This notice mandates that they must pay their overdue rent in full within the three days or vacate the premises.

If your tenant doesn’t rectify the situation within three days of receiving the notice, you may then file an eviction lawsuit in court. After the court approves the eviction, you must then contact the sheriff to come facilitate the vacation of the premises. It is illegal to evict the tenant yourself.
There are several ways you can go about collecting the money that is owed to you. You can contact a debt collection agency and let them try to track down your payment, but they will take a cut. Another alternative is to attempt negotiation or mediation and discern why this vendor thinks they don’t need to pay you. If all else fails, we can file a civil lawsuit on your behalf and take this matter to court.
No, it is not. Though debt collection agencies have the authority to contact you, they must do so in a non-threatening and non-harassing manner. They should not be calling you early in the morning or late at night. They are also prohibited from using obscene or intimidating language. Contact us for help stopping this harassment.
Together, our skilled and reputable attorneys have over 45 years of combined and relevant legal experience.
We are open Monday through Friday from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
We accept payments made via cash, check, and all major credit cards.
Call (714) 372-2266 to schedule your consultation with an experienced business law attorney and real estate litigation lawyer. At Gurwell Law, we serve individuals and businesses throughout Huntington Beach and Orange County.

It's Time For You to Get the Legal Help You Need.

Gurwell Law is committed to helping businesses and commercial enterprises navigate all types of disputes. We will represent your best interests during every stage of business litigation. Contact our office today at (714) 372-2266 to arrange your free initial consultation.